Mezcalosfera 2022 Espadín / Jabalí - Juan Aquino | 500ml
Juan Aquino comes from family of maestros Mezcaleros. He learned from his father, and now at age 61 is passing the torch to his sons and other younger relatives. He likes drinking Bicuixe, and enjoy making mezcal using his own plants from his land. He is one of the few master distiller that works with maguey Jabali (Agave convallis). This maguey is very hard to work with because it foams during fermentation and distillation. This mezcal is only cord, meaning no adjustments with heads and tails like other maestro do, so after the one distillation you only get the pure "heart" of the spirits.
Aromas of this production: Apricot and dried fruits, wood and earthy
Flavours of this production: High effervescent notes, dry herbs, wood and earth.
- Made by Maestro Juan Aquino
- Espadín (Agave angustifolia 6-9 years) and Jabali (Agave convallis 12-16 years)
- Mengoli de Morelos, Miahuatlán, Oaxaca, Mexico - located 1550 and 1650 meters above sea level
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Stone wheel crushed
- Fermented in open-air sabino barrels with natural yeast using well water
- 1 distillation in copper still with condenser
- 50.4% ABV
- 60 liters produced