Mezcalosfera 2022 Bicuixe / Mexicano - Felipe de Jesús | 500ml
This small batch (40 litres only) was made by a young 26 years old Mezcalero Felipe de Jesús. He was taught the craft by his father and brother, and is part of the third generation carrying forward his family's legacy. Felipe gets the majority of his agaves from his family land- only when he produces Tobalá he will buy agaves from the Sierra Sur, Oaxaca.
He enjoys working with maguey Tobalá, Barril, Madrecuixe, Bicuixe, Coyote and blends. When he drinks mezcal, he prefers Madrecuixe. He is very enthusiastic about making his own batches. This is a special 40 liters batch that made daddy proud!
Aromas of this production: Herbal, wood and buttery.
Flavours of this production: Well balanced, very herbal, earthy and wood.
- Made by Maestro Felipe de Jesús
- Bicuixe (Agave Karwinskii 12 to 18 years) Mexicano (Agave Rhodacantha 20 to 27 years)
- Mengoli de Morelos, Miahuatlán, Oaxaca, Mexico - located 1550 meters above sea level
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Stone wheel crushed
- Fermented in open-air sabino barrels with natural yeast using well water
- Double-distilled in Filipino style copper pot still with condenser (no water added)
- 50.1% ABV
- 40 liters produced