Mezcalosfera 2022 Mexicano Berta Vazquez | 500ml
This bottle was made by the female Maestra Berta Vasquez. As a single mother, grandmother, and now great-grandmother, Berta plays both traditionally female and male roles with her family after her husband passed away when she was 30 years old with five children. She usually harvests the agaves from her own land, however sometimes she buys agaves and makes the mezcal with her brother. Berta welcomes everyone to her Palenque (distillery) and loves to share stories of how she worked hard to became the first female mezcal producer in her family. She is 66 years old and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon!
Aromas of this production: Fresh mint and fresh spices.
Flavours of this production: Minty, spicy, fresh and earthy.
- Made by Maestra Berta Vazquez
- Maguey Mexicano (Agave Rhodacantha - 20 to 27 years)
- San Baltazar Chichicapam, Oaxaca (1600 meters above sea level)
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Stone wheel crushed (tahona)
- Fermented in open-air sabino barrels with natural yeast using well water
- Double-distilled in Filipino style copper pot still (no water added)
- 47% ABV
- 250 liters produced in April 2022