Real Minero 2021 Barril Amarillo | 700ml
Maestro Mezcalero Edgar Ángeles Carreño first roasted the 100% maguey Barril Amarillo (Agave Karwinskii). This is a cultivated agave from the Central Valleys. Edgar waited 15 years for the plants to be fully matured before harvest them. He cooked the hearts of the agaves "piñas" in a conical earthen oven for several days like he does with other productions (depending of weather conditions and amount of agave is the cooking time required), than he used a electric mill to crush the cooked agave before fermentation in sabino vats using only wild/natural yeast and well water, and double distilled in Filipino style clay pot stills. Finally he let the precious 54 litres of this small batch production to rest in glass for 2 months before bottling and send it straight to us! No one else in the world has this special expression. We are very grateful that Edgar and his family made this expression exclusively for Denmark and available ONLY here at our web-shop...you are welcome!
The name "barril amarillo" comes from how the plant looks as it is somewhat barrel shaped with an intense yellow color (Amarillo mean yellow in Spanish) it grows with a shorter stem or trunk below, with a rounder, fatter shape to its body but the same bold green bloom on top. This is a classic of the broad Agave karwinskii family.
- Made by Maestro Edgar Ángeles Carreño
- Barril Amarillo (Agave Karwinskii)
- Age of the plant: 15 years
- Santa Catarina Minas, Oaxaca, México
- Electric mill crush
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Fermented in open air sabino barrels with natural yeast using well water
- Double-distilled in Filipino style clay pot still
- 52.7% ABV
- 54 liters produced
- Rested in glass container for 2 months before bottling and sending to Agave by Montiel!