Real Minero 2019 Espadín / Largo | 350ml
Maestro Mezcalero Edgar Ángeles Carreño first roasted the agaves in a conical earthen oven for several days (depending of weather conditions and amount of agave is the cooking time required), than he used an electric mill to crush the agave and separate the fibres before fermentation in sabino wood tanks only adding well water and allowing the natural yeasts around the palenque to do its magic, a double distillation in Filipino style clay pot stills, and finally they rested the final product in glass for 7 months before bottling.
This 2019 Espadín/Largo is made with 60% cultivated maguey Espadín (Agave angustifolia - 10 years average age) and 40% wild maguey Largo (Agave karwinskii - 14 years average age).Only 330 litres were produced. Resting in glass for 7 months before bottling and the fact that is a 2019 vintage bottle, gives a very soft round profile to this incredible expression of Real Minero mezcal. Enjoy it!
- Made by Maestro Edgar Ángeles Carreño
- 60% Cultivated Espadín (Agave Angustifolia) and 40% Wild Largo (Agave Karwinskii)
- Age of the agaves: 10 years and 14 years
- Santa Catarina Minas, Oaxaca, México
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Electric Mill
- Fermented in open-air sabino barrels with natural yeast using well water
- Double-distilled in Filipino style clay pot still
- 53.5% ABV
- 330 liters produced
- Rested in glass for 7 months before bottling