Real Minero 2021 Largo | 700ml
Maestro Mezcalero Edgar Ángeles Carreño first roasted the agaves in a conical earthen oven for several days (depending of weather conditions and amount of agave is the cooking time required) than the cooked agaves where hand crushed with a wooded tool called "mazo". This process requieres a good amount of time and muscle. The fermentation is done by using only native or natural yeast, and distilled twice in Filipino clay pot still. This expression is made with 100% Wild Maguey Largo(Agave Karwinskii) that was 14 years old by the time of harvesting. The full maturity of the agaves made a huge difference to the final liquid produced. On top of that, this batch has patiently rested in glass for 8 months before bottling. The resting in glass bottles gives a very soft round profile to this classic expression of Real Minero mezcal elevating this Espadín to a very exotic level we simply call DELICIOUS!
The whole process is listed in the back of the bottle where you can read how the product was done from October 2020 - January 2021.
- Made by Maestro Edgar Ángeles Carreño
- 100% Wild Maguey Largo (Agave Karwinskii)
- Age of the agave: 14 years old
- Santa Catarina Minas, Oaxaca, México
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Hand crushed
- Fermented in open air sabino barrels with natural yeast using well water
- Double-distilled in Filipino style clay pot still (no water added)
- 50.2% ABV
- 160 liters produced
- Rested in glass containers for 8 months before bottling