Real Minero 2020 Largo | 700ml
Maestro Mezcalero Edgar Ángeles Carreño first roasted the agaves in a conical earthen oven for several days (depending of weather conditions and amount of agave is the cooking time required), than he crushed the cooked agaves in an electric mill before fermentation in sabino wood vast with well water, and double distilled in Filipino style clay pot stills. Finally, they rest the final product in glass for 4 months before bottle them. The resting adds an extra layer of smoothness and rounding to the final product.
This expression is made with 100% Maguey (Agave Karwinskii) that was 14 years old by the time of harvesting. The full maturity of the agaves made a huge difference to the final liquid produced. On top of that, this rare batch has patiently rested in glass bottles since 2020, which gives an extra layer and added soft round profile to this mezcal.
- Made by Maestro Edgar Ángeles Carreño
- 100% Maguey Largo (Agave Karwinskii)
- Age of the agave: 14 years old
- Santa Catarina Minas, Oaxaca, México
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Electric mill
- Fermented in open air sabino barrels with natural yeast using well water
- Double-distilled in Filipino style clay pot still (no water added)
- 51.9% ABV
- 130 liters produced
- Rested in glass containers for 4 months before bottled