Real Minero 2021 Marteño / Cirial | 700ml
Maestro Mezcalero Edgar Ángeles Carreño made this unique expression using 53% maguey Marteño (Agave Karwinskii- Cultivated for 13 years and 47% Wild maguey Cirial (Agave Karwinskii- 13 years old plant).First he roasted the agaves together in a conical earthen oven for several days (depending of weather conditions and amount of agave is the cooking time required), than the cooked agaves where hand crushed with a wooded tool called "mazo". This process requieres a good amount of time and muscle. The fermentation is done by using only native or natural yeast before fermented them with well water and only wild & ambient yeast, and double distilled in Filipino style clay pot stills. Finally, they rest the final product in glass for 2 months before bottling. Only 28 liters made in September 2021.
This one of four especial edition expressions made exclusively for us...you are welcome!
- Made by Maestro Edgar Ángeles Carreño
53% maguey Marteño (Agave Karwinskii- Cultivated for 13 years and 47% Wild maguey Cirial (Agave Karwinskii- 13 years old plant)
- Santa Catarina Minas, Oaxaca, México
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Electric Mill
- Fermented in open air sabino barrels with natural yeast using well water
- Double-distilled in Filipino style clay pot still
- 52.5% ABV
- 28 liters produced
- Rested in glass container for 2 months in glass before bottling and send to Denmark!