Real Minero 2018 Tobalá | 700ml
Maestro Mezcalero Edgar Ángeles Carreño first roasted the agaves in a conical earthen oven for several days (depending of weather conditions and amount of agave is the cooking time required), than he used an electric mill to crush the agave and separate the fibres before fermentation in sabino wood tanks only adding well water and allowing the natural yeasts around the palenque to do its magic, and finally a double distillation in Filipino style clay pot stills.
The Maguey Tobalá is a rare wild growing variety of agave. You will often find them to be sweet on the palate, and this one is no exception! The fact that it has rested in the bottle since 2018 only makes it more sweet and round to drink. This is an absolute find.
- Made by Maestro Edgar Ángeles Carreño
- 100% Maguey Tobalá (Agave Potatorum)
- Age of the agave: 12 years
- Santa Catarina Minas, Oaxaca, México
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Electric Mill
- Fermented in open air sabino barrels with natural yeast using well water
- Double-distilled in Filipino style clay pot still
- 54.57% ABV
- 189 liters produced