Mezcalosfera 2021 Verde | 500ml
Ageo Cortés is a 29 year old Maestro Mezcalero from Miahuatlán, Oaxaca, Mexico. He is a third-generation maestro. He makes mezcal with his father, uncles, and cousins- just the way traditional agave spirits had been made for centuries, respecting the historical taste, andmade according to his community's traditional recipes. Something unique about this particular expression is that Ageo decided to do only one distillation, instead of the typical two that most Maestros do. If you are looking for something different and surprising, this may be the right one to start with. Thank you Ageo for this one distillation piece of art!
Aromas of this production: Herbs, fresh greens and spicy notes
Flavours of this production: Chiles, herbal and spices.
- Made by Maestro Ageo Cortés
- Verde (Agave Karwinskii 20 to 27 years)
- Mengoli de Morelos, Miahuatlán, Oaxaca, Mexico - located 1500 meters above sea level
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Tahona crushed
- Fermented in open air sabino barrels with natural yeast using well water
- One distillation in Filipino style copper pot still with condenser (no water added)
- 48% ABV
- 240 liters produced