AGUA DEL SOL Madrecuishe / Jabalí - Sosimo Jarquin | 500ml
Sosimo Jarquin generally does only a single harvest and cooks one filled oven per year and he doesn't rush the process. He likes working alone from harvest to distillation. By overseeing the whole process he is able to have a better control over every aspect of the product, specially because he doesn't drink alcohol, he uses his senses to make sure the mezcal maintains the traditional recipe he inherited from his family.
This expression of maguey Madrecuishe (Agave karwinskii) and Jabalí (Agave convallis) was made with a lot of care. Agave corvallis is extremely hard to work with because it foams and expands during fermentation and distillation. Sosimo lets the cooked agaves rest a few days, sometimes weeks, before crushing them by hand with a wooden mallet that he made himself. The result is a small precious and delicious batch.
Aromas of this production: Floral, tropical fruits and citrus.
Flavours of this production: High earthy notes with a hint of pepper and fresh long finish. Rich and intense texture.
- Made by Maestro Mezcalero Sosimo Jarquin
- 100% maguey Madrecuishe (Agave karwinskii) and maguey Jabalí (Agave convalis)
- San Luis Amatlan, Oaxaca
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Hand crushed with wooden mallet
- Fermented in open Montezuma cypress sabino wood vats with natural yeast using well water
- Double-distilled in Filipino style copper pot still
- 52% ABV