Mezcalosfera 2021 Bicuixe / Mexicano - Margarito Cortés | 500ml
Margarito Cortés comes from 2 generation mezcal producers. He learned the process of making agave spirits from his father and now produce his mezcal using agaves from his land, sometimes he buys agaves from family members, also mezcal producers in the area or from people he knows. His uncles, brothers and nephews all are mezcal producers and collaborate with each other when needed.
Margarito doesn't drink alcohol anymore but at his 65 years of age, he uses his senses to continue making traditional mezcal the same way he learning from his father. His favourite mezcal is Madrecuixe and Bicuixe.
Aromas of this production: Earthy and herbal
Flavours of this production: Humid roots, earthy or dusty, herbal, spices, many layers of flavors that made this blend a very well balanced one.
- Made by Maestro Margarito Cortés
- Bicuixe (Agave Karwinskii 12 to 18 years) Mexicano (Agave Rhodacantha 20 to 27 years)
- Mengoli de Morelos, Miahuatlán, Oaxaca, Mexico - located 1550 meters above sea level
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Stone wheel crushed
- Fermented in open-air sabino barrels with natural yeast using well water
- Double-distilled in Filipino style copper pot still with condenser (no water added)
- 48.8% ABV
- 50 liters produced