Mezcalosfera 2018 Espadín with Mango & Chile Habanero | 700ml
This bottle was made by famed Margarito Cortés, who comes from a family that has been producing mezcal for many generations. Margarito likes to experiment with different ingredients in an extra third distillation, similar to a Pechuga. After choosing the mature agaves, he roasts the agaves with mesquite and encino wood, ferments them for about 7 days, and distills them in a cobber "con refrescadera" still pot adding ripe seasonal mangos and chile habanero during the third distillation. Limited littles were released in 2018. Resting in glass definitely enhances the flavors and allows a more smooth taste of this exotic and delicious expression... Thank you Margarito!
Aromas of this production: Very fruity, you can smell and taste the ripe mango and mixed grilled banana and peach.
Flavors of this production: The mango is prevalent, creamy and soft punch of habanero Chile comes out as a finish note in a really nice way. This leaves the mouth with a slight tingling without being aggressive. Highly recommended as a dessert.
- Made by Maestro Margarito Cortés
- 100% Espadín (Agave Angustifolia - 8 to 12 years)
- Mengoli de Morelos, Miahuatlán, Oaxaca, México- located 1550 meters sea level
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Tahona crushed
- Fermented in open air sabino barrels with natural yeast using well water
- Triple-distilled in Filipino style copper refrescadera pot still (mango and habanero chiles added at the third distillation)
- 46,6% ABV
- 250 Liters produced in May 2018