Mezcalosfera 2022 Papalote - Antonio Sonido | 500ml
Antonio Sonido is a 72 years old maestro from Guerrero, Mexico that learned the process from his father and eventually made his own recipe. He remembers his father's recipes using lamb for example, which is his favourite mezcal to drink.
Antonio works exclusively with maguey Espadin and Papalote cultivated in his land. He has a brand that shares with other members named "Aguerrido".
Aromas of this production: Sweet and earthy notes.
Flavours of this production: Lots of liquorice, wood and earthy on the palate.
- Made by Maestro Antonio Sonido
- Papalote (Agave cupreata 12-18 years)
- Pantitlán, Guerrero (1500meters above sea level)
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven with mesquite wood
- Disintegration mill
- Fermented in open-air in Ayacahuite wood barrels with natural yeast using spring water
- Double-distilled in Filipino style copper pot still
- 49.2% ABV
- 200 liters produced