Real Minero 2018 Espadín / Largo | 700ml
Maestro Mezcalero Edgar Ángeles Carreño first roasted the agaves in a conical earthen oven for several days (depending on weather conditions and amount of agave is the cooking time required), then he used an electric mill to crush the agave and separate the fibres before fermentation in sabino wood tanks, only adding well water and allowing the natural yeasts around the palenque to work their magic, with a double distillation in Filipino style clay pot stills.
This 2018 Espadín Largo is made with 60% Maguey Espadín (Agave Angustifolia) and 40% Maguey Largo (Agave Karwinskii). Only 275 litres were produced. Many years resting in glass bottles gives a very soft round profile to this incredible expression of Real Minero mezcal. We only have 4 bottles available...just saying!
- Made by Maestro Edgar Ángeles Carreño
- 60% Cultivated Espadín (Agave Angustifolia) and 40% Wild Largo (Agave Karwinskii)
- Age of the agaves: 10 years and 14 years
- Santa Catarina Minas, Oaxaca, Mexico
- Roasted in truncated conical earthen oven
- Electric Mill
- Fermented in open-air sabino barrels with natural yeast using well water
- Double-distilled in Filipino style clay pot still
- 53.81% ABV
- 275 liters produced